- To assist in planning, coordinating and undertaking legal work in respect of the company's business, including in particular its contract, procurement, and economic regeneration functions.
- To undertake the legal work to the highest professional and client care standards.
- To undertake a substantial personal caseload of the more complex contact and commercial work including the provision of legal advice.
- To draft, negotiate and conclude contracts for works, services and supplies and other legal documentation (including more complex and / or major contracts) so as to protect company's interest.
- To investigate and advise on contract claims or against the company including those arising out of building contracts.
- To provide advice on procurement including standing over requirements, EC regulations, partnership, private finance initiative and best value.
- To maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in the areas of law undertaken by the post holder and to disseminate that information and any implications for the company necessary.
- To assist with the litigation, advice and general work of the Legal Services as required.
- To prepare and present briefing papers and reports as required.
- To ensure that the service is responsive to the client requirements and that work undertaken is reflective of best practice and the performance targets contained within Service Level Agreements.
- To work in a corporate and cooperative way both within the Team and within Legal Services and with other officers and members.
- To be a member of appointment panels for staff within Legal Services, as appropriate.
- To undertake additional duties commensurate with the grade as directed manager.
- Graduated in Bachelor of Law from university or institution recognized by the Government.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of and ability to apply contract law, commercial law, tort and public procurement law.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of contract and procurement practices and processes.
- Ability to draft and negotiate complex contract documentation.
- Ability to communicate and present legal and other matters clearly and cogently both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to review and advice on new legislation, case law and other developments.
- Ability to develop and implement the procedures, practices and systems for the provision of an effective legal contract service.
- The adrenaline of a fast-pace, high intensity yet friendly working environment.
- Work closely together with everyone on the business team.
- Opportunity to work in an exciting collaborative business team.
- Access to experienced business mentors.
- Meaningful equity for all employees.
- EPF and SOCSO
- Performance Bonus