Typical work activities may include:
- Liaising with management and interpreting their briefs;
- Developing creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the media team;
- Presenting ideas to colleagues and clients;
- Familiarising themselves with products and services, the target audience and their competitors' activities;
- Writing clear, persuasive, original copy;
- Updating digital media;
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar;
- Amending, revising or redeveloping adverts or campaigns in response to feedback from the management;
- Overseeing campaigns/projects through the production stage to completion;
- Working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines;
- Liaising with photographers, typographers, designers and printers;
- Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Working hours are generally 10am to 6pm. However, flexibility is required as it is normal to work long, irregular hours when meeting tight deadlines. This may include working in the evenings and some weekend work.
- This area of work is open to all business or communication graduates.
- Creativity and the ability to write well are key requirements for a copywriter, and so a qualification in the following subjects may increase your chances:
- Communication or media studies;
- Public relations.
- You will need to show:
- The ability to write good, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar;
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Logic, creativity and imagination;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt;
- Confidence, enthusiasm and determination;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- The resilience to accept criticism of your work;
- Commercial awareness with the ability to understand the target audience;
- An interest in popular culture, new trends and styles;
- Good research skills;
- Administrative, IT and proofreading skills.
- The adrenaline of a fast-pace, high intensity yet friendly working environment.
- Work closely together with everyone on the media team.
- Opportunity to work in an exciting collaborative media team.
- Access to experienced media mentors
- Meaningful equity for all employees.
- EPF and SOCSO
- Performance Bonus